Thursday, February 7, 2013

Debate Over Music Piracy


A huge problem within our society today is the process music pirating. The effect of piracy continues to be intensely debated in the entertainment industry. many studies have shown that it negatively affects sales, and makes a consumer less likely to legally purchase their favorite music. This topic will long bring heated arguments between artists and legal copyright laws. I felt this situation didn't effect me but it effects our generation greatly because we appreciate all types of music and I am sure have all committed some sort of music piracy or just even listened to pirated music. I enjoy the thought of free music and i love the fact i can get free music on the internet but in the long run someone is effected negatively.
      So the question i'd like to bring up is why our generation so likely to not oppose or fight against music piracy? 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a lot of the lack of opposition comes from the fact that our generation hasn't really had to spend much time where technology to pirate music wasn't available. I remember that my first experiences with pirated music was back when I was like 10. Also some music that cannot really be accessed by conventional means, like anime music. For me, it is easier to just go onto Youtube to listen to music I like rather than actually go out and purchase it. There is the issue of the Youtube downloader which you can convert a Youtube video into a sound file and get a song that way. Do you think that that is why Youtube has gotten more strict about their copyright laws?

    ReplyDelete